Kiddimoto warranty – 10 years of protection for your purchase!
Kiddimoto, the UK’s original balance bike company, has made learning the art of balance and coordination fun and rewarding for over 15 years. The balance bike market is experiencing phenomenal growth and we are firmly at the forefront of these developments.
Such innovations do not detract from our sharp focus on superior quality products, which has led them to receive numerous awards for our ride on toys. Subsequently, such trust in our products has led to the unveiling of a 10 year warranty policy across the entire Kiddimoto range.
Kiddimoto are confident that the warranty is a firm reassurance that customers are buying the best. With stories of Superbikes being passed down through the family for over 10 years, the quality and longevity of our products is sure to exceed any expectations.
Here are the Terms & Conditions:
- This is the worldwide 10 year warranty for your Kiddimoto product.
- Kiddimoto will repair or replace any product that deems to be defective.
- The warranty will be in effect for 10 years for the original, registered owner.
- Products purchased prior to January 2017 will be covered under the previous warranty of 2 years.
- When filing a claim under the 10 year warranty, you must provide proof of purchase.
- Kiddimoto reserves the right to refuse free-of-charge warranty service if the above documents cannot be presented.
- Any claims that are a direct result of poor product use or maintenance can be rejected.
- The warranty does not cover the normal wear and tear of the product.
- If Kiddimoto are unable to carry out the repair for technical reasons or because a component is not available, Kiddimoto undertakes to make the customer an advantageous offer, taking into account the age of the product, consisting in either an identical new product or an equivalent model manufactured at the time of the repair, if the original product is no longer available.
- This warranty does not affect the consumer’s statutory rights under applicable national laws in force, nor the consumer’s right against the dealer arising from their sales/purchase contract.
The warranty does not apply to:
- Normal wear and tear.
- Inappropriate use.
- The fitting of inappropriate parts or aftermarket alteration.
- Improper assembly of the product.
- Damage or failure due to an accident, misuse, abuse, or neglect.